Popular Posts

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

"Crack" Bread

I just got some feedback from my New Year's Eve guests about the "crack" bread I made.  It was awesome!  Everyone loved it.  I got it off of PlainChicken.com.
This is what I used...
2 medium sized round sourdough loaves
1 packet of Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
2 sticks of butter, melted
1/2 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 bag of real bacon bits

Preheated the oven to 350.  Cut the loaves in a criss cross pattern but don't cut all the way through. I mixed the melted butter and ranch packet. Then I poured part of the mixture into the grooves I made in the bread and then topped with cheese and bacon.  I poured the rest of the mixture on it and covered with foil.  I baked for 15 minutes and then baked 10 more minutes uncovered.

I am making this again Saturday for the Bengals playoff game so I will have pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment