Popular Posts

Monday, January 2, 2012

We survived 2011!!

Although this time last year I was not looking forward to life at all, 2011 was not as bad as I had originally thought.  Now I'm not going to lie.  The first few months were rough being a trucker's wife.  My husband was gone for over 6 weeks the first time he went out.  I really struggled being a mom all by myself and gained a whole new respect for single parents.  I relied on my parents so much and thank God they are amazing.  As hard as it was for me it was 10 times harder for my son.  He started acting out at home and at school.  Being 8 it makes it harder for him to express himself.
But here we are one year later and I am ready for life to get back to some normalcy.  My husband is still a trucker but he is now home every weekend.  I am finished taking classes for my master's degree and will have a teaching license by next fall.  We moved into a great new house.  Hopefully my son starts getting his behavior under control.  This could be a great year for us.  And so our journey begins.....

No comments:

Post a Comment